Tuesday, March 27, 2012

When a gift just keeps on giving

So, you may already know that I had an anniversary recently. It was a biggie too. Twenty years! Who would'a thunk it, huh? It came on a Wednesday, a typical Wednesday where my husband went off to work in the wee hours of the morning, giving me a kiss goodbye before heading off in the dark. It was later when I got up to make breakfast for me and the boy when I discovered this:



Typical of our tradition, I did not open it. We always (always) wait until we're together to open gifts, cards and such. However . . . she said with a cunning little grin . . .  tradition did not prohibit my lifting and shaking the thing! But oh my gosh . . . what the heck did he buy me?! A case of bricks? A personalized stepping stone?

Ronnie lifted it too and between the two of us, we figured it weighed some ten to fifteen pounds.

Needless to say, I heaved it up and down a number of times throughout the day trying to guess what was in it. And only when hubby and I had gone out to a nice celebratory dinner and returned home, did I open it.

And it wasn't a brick at all but this:



What an awesome gift! Reminiscent of our ten year anniversary when we'd taken an Alaskan cruise, returning with stories and memories, a lot of great art work, a ton of pictures! And a case of canned Sockeye Salmon that had lasted many, many months.

I expect this case to do the same.

However, I did dig into it the other day.

It looked something like this:



And on my salad it looked just like this:



And it tasted a lot like this:


Yep . . .that's about it.

THANKS HONEY! I LOVE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment