Saturday, March 10, 2012

Four Gee!

My husband and I signed up to answer the phones for PBS last night during Rick Steves' airing. I told all my friends beforehand so they knew to watch for us - and to call in with a pledge if they felt so inclined.

For a while there, we didn’t think we’d make it to the studio across town. Nature had vent her fury on Houston earlier in the day and streets were flooded. Traffic was everywhere - heading to the rodeo, trying to get through high water or get around accidents . . . you name it. On top of all that, Obama was here and so there were street closures. A thirty minute drive turned into an hour and a half.

But I’m glad we stuck it out. It was such fun! My favorite caller was eighty three year old Thomas from Katy who talked to me for ten minutes about all the places he’d been and the things he recognized on Rick’s show. I missed out on getting my picture taken with Rick though. Seemed every time he was available, I was on a call.

Which was why I was there in the first place, right? 

During one of our breaks from taking calls, I checked my new “smart” phone (more about that later) and found a text waiting for me from my friend Barbara.

“Hey look . . . I got a picture of a picture!” I shared her text around the room and then my husband and I worked through its lineage.

See, Barbara had taken a picture of the picture that was on TV. So I was looking at a picture of the picture of the original picture. And now . . . if you’re looking at it--which I know you are because you’re here--well, you’re looking at its fourth generation!

The first ever 4G Picture!


Thanks Barbara! Ain’t technology great! 


No comments:

Post a Comment