Friday, November 18, 2011

Walks along the bayou

One thing I like about Houston's suburbs is its sophisticated system of channels that drain the once copious amounts of rain away from the thousands of homes that live here. They're not really bayous . . . that's just my pet name for them. My dogs love them as much if not more than I do and they pry me away from my computer for their daily romps. It's an interesting enough adventure that I've taken to carrying my camera along.

Here are some of the things I see during my adventures on the bayou . . . lots of birds, lots of turtles and lots of water.

Day after a big rain














Piper LOVES chasing the Blue Herons and the Ibises (or sould that be Ibi?) 




Such are our walks on the "bayou." Lots of exercise for everyone. Even, begrudgingly . . . the birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment