Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I found Jesus!

It's true! And you'll never believe where!

My family went to the Texas Renaissance Festival last Sunday. Actually we go every year, sometimes two or three times. So yeah . . . as weird as it sounds, that's where I found Him - at the Renaissance Festival right here in Texas. The place where chain-mail clad women strut around wearing next to nothing. Where jousting and head lobbing are daily occurrences. Where wine flows freely (oh, but Jesus is used to that) and where two men compete by diving face first into a mud filled pit. That's right . . . face first.


And THAT is exactly where I found Him. Right there in the Sturdy Beggers Show.

You can check it out for yourself... it was right at the end, right after they'd taken their last dive into the mud, right after the one begger actually wolfed down a mouthful of the stuff and then kissed some unsuspecting audience member (no, it was NOT me this time!). But that's not what we're talking about here, is it?

No, we're talking about finding Jesus. And finding Him in the least likely place. You'll just have to see for yourself and let me know if you agree.

This is the image that squeezed out of the mud as the Sturdy Beggers made their final exit, ending the last show of the day.








So... what do you think? Jesus? 
Or just too much wine? 



3 comments:

  1. good Lawd! laughing....

    hey, the "secret word" was prose! I had to come back and say that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty impressive mud!

    And to think at one time in history, the faithful would have arrived in droves to catch a glimpse. Actually, that happened in a town not to far from us not too long ago. Someone saw Mary in a street lamp or something and created quite a stir. Yikes!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Amy! I was thinking the same thing. I was a little surprised when no one got as excited about it as I did. I even showed it to the Sturdy Beggers and they were like ... eh *shrugs a shoulder and walks away* As if they squeezed Jesus out of the mud on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete