Friday, October 14, 2011

Dust Bunnies . . . where do they come from? what are they made of? and why won’t they go away!?

I admit I’m not the best housekeeper to walk the face of the earth. Maybe not even the state of Texas. Or the city of Houston. Or my subdivision. Probably not even this cul-de-sac.

I am, however, the best housekeeper of this house. Of that I can be proud.

Even so, I know my “skills” (which were never stellar) have waned over the years. Oh sure, there was a time when I was maniacal about a spotless house. But with the mellowing of age, came the shifting of priorities. I no longer have the time, energy or desire to polish stuff on a daily basis. Oh, did I say daily? More like weekly. And lately . . . monthly. 

Even that was put on hold when we decided to invest in a three week project to remodel our two baths. It didn’t make sense to clean when the worker dudes would be traipsing in and out all day, trashing everything in their wake. So, what meager housekeeping I used to do was ignored during the remodeling.

The promise of three weeks turned into five, then seven, then nine. Next week will mark the tenth week of our three week project and, while I have dusted and cleaned in the rest of the house, I’ve neglected the areas being worked on . . . and I had the dust bunnies to show for it!

I couldn’t believe how they’d taken advantage of my neglect. They were everywhere! And they’d grown . . . I had bunnies the size of my Boston Terriers! If I’d waited another day, they might have taken over the house. Then who'd be here to enjoy those new bathrooms? So this morning, even with the shower door and lighting due Monday, even with the cleaning crew coming on Tuesday, I just couldn’t take one more second! I had to break out the Bunnie Buster!



I’m left thinking that Dust Bunnies, whatever the heck they are, earned their name from their ability to breed like rabbits. And I’m eternally grateful for my Dyson with it’s amazing bunnie busting capabilities.

All clean . . . again J  

At least for a month. 

Or so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment