Monday, August 15, 2011

Are these things funny? Or is it just me?

There were four of us out to eat that first night in L.A.—Mary, Tina, Dana and I. We’d gone to Rock Sugar, an Eastern cuisine there in the mall close to the hotel. The food was outstanding and we got a chance to share some of it with Dana’s son’s dragon (the one who hitched a ride in her purse). The dragon ended up having many wonderful adventures and met some pretty famous writers during his trip. 
Dragon

But that’s not what this post is about. It’s about funny things people say and the even funnier way other people interpret them. 
Linda, Mary, Dana, Tina



For example, as we were leaving the restaurant, we decided to get a picture in the lounge. I was shooting my three friends when a nice woman came over and offered to get all four of us in the shot.

“Perfect!” I said, and “Thanks!” And I handed her my camera.

So she shot a few pictures and while she was still shooting, one of the nice waitstaff walked over and offered to take the camera from her so “we could all be in the shot.” 

We all laughed. I mean, can you imagine! It could have gone on and on with me having all sorts of strangers in my picture.

Four days later Dana and I shared a flight home. It might as well have been a red eye since we got into Houston so late . . . pretty much the middle of the night. After a really long, brain sucking day, we were pretty fried. Very tired, very giddy. So when we landed and the flight attendant was making all of his normal announcements, the last thing he added set us off way more than it should have.

“Hope you enjoyed your flight and have a pleasant stay here in Houston. Or wherever your final destination may be.”

That was all well and good but then he added: “Whoever needed the wheelchair can come on up and get it.”

Now how the heck was that supposed to happen? 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kat! I'm glad I got to make YOU smile for all the times you've made me snort laughing!

    ReplyDelete