Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Perfect Cup?

Teetotaler:         Noun – a person who abstains totally from intoxicating drink

              Well, I suppose I’m more of a tea totaler then—if such a thing exists. Noun - a person who partakes in intoxicating drink on occasion (possibly more often than she should) but totals TEA on a daily basis.

And here I’ve found the perfect cup. The trick, I finally learned, is in paying attention to the recommended steep times. So every morning, I boil up a single cup of water then I add the following in specific and timed sequence:

St. John’s Wort – “supports emotional well being”  IE: keeps me sane and happy. Softens the impulse to drive my car into the next person who cuts me off in traffic. It’s also a healing agent and is good for stomach ailments. And we all know I need that! In loose leaf form, I steep it for ten minutes.


Slippery Elm – “Supports healthy digestion” Nuff said. In leaf form, I steep it for ten minutes.

Stevia Leaf – “Sweet Dietary Supplement.” And here I can really go off on a tangent. This stuff is awesome. It’s a plant, native to South America where it’s been used as a sugar replacement for years. Unlike sugar, it doesn’t mess with the glycemic index in the body . . . which means that it has no effect on the blood sugar. Since it’s natural, it’s much healthier than those artificial sweeteners filled with cancer causing chemicals. You can find it in the stores now in granulated form and I use that too. But for my tea, I prefer the loose leaf which steeps for five minutes.

Berry Blast – “Organic green tea.” It’s just plain yummy! It steeps for only a minute. 

So, when it’s all said and done I’ve invested a little over ten minutes and a few times hitting the timer on the oven. But in the end, I have the most delicious cup of tea on the planet! I kid you not.

I get all my teas at a place here in Houston called Georgia’s Farm to Market http://www.georgiasmarket.com/. They also have organic herbs, spices and produce, free range everything and grass fed natural meats if you're into the carnivore thing. And they serve up a pretty mean lunch too! All organic.

So anyway, that’s what I recommend  . . . To tea up! Totally! 

2 comments:

  1. Im glad i read this while microwaving my English Breakfast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to drink a ton of coffee but now that I've switched to tea, I like it much better. It's more versatile. English B'fast is good. Just enough to get your going!

    ReplyDelete